SLUMSMAG STAFF: GREG LEWIS
According to Forbes, Jay-Z and Kylie Jenner are among the wealthiest celebrities in America.
Jay-z sits at No. 5 on the Forbes List, with an estimate of 900 million.
Thanks to Jay-Z’s stakes in D’Ussé cognac and Armand de Brignac champagne, plus holdings in Roc Nation and TIDAL.
Kylie Jenner has her first entry to the Forbes List, trying the rapper for his No. 5 spot.
The 21-year-old Cosmetics makeup brand has raked in $630 million since its launch two years ago.
Kylie amassed a 900 million fortune on her self-made journey to becoming a billionaire.
Although impressive, neither candidates were a match for George Lucas, who ranked as the richest celebrity in America with a net worth of $5.4 billion.
According to Rap-Up, fellow filmmaker Steven Spielberg follows Lucas at No. 2 with $3.7 billion, while Oprah Winfrey places third with $2.8 billion. Michael Jordan sits at No. 4 with $1.7 billion, due in part to his sneaker fortune and a 90 percent stake in the Charlotte Hornets.
FORBES 10 WEALTHIEST CELEBRITIES IN AMERICA
1. George Lucas – $5.4 billion
2. Steven Spielberg – $3.7 billion
3. Oprah Winfrey – $2.8 billion
4. Michael Jordan – $1.7 billion
5. (tie) Kylie Jenner – $900 million
5. (tie) Jay-Z – $900 million
7. David Copperfield – $875 million
8. Diddy – $825 million
9. (tie) Tiger Woods – $800 million
9. (tie) James Patterson – $800 million